Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Welcome to travelistakusinera.blogspot.com, a blog about food, travel, cooking, chefs, recipes and culture.

My name is Jaydee David. I live in Philippines with my Family. I am not a professional chef nor baker. I am just a full pledged home cook. I live to travel, seek for the best adventures and yes, I am an adrenaline junkie. I enjoy life up to the fullest. Music keeps me going. I love life so much that I hardly sleep. I love my job, music and movies. I am a traveler at heart. Simply and purely Filipino.

I was born and raised in the Philippines in the age when cooking was also an indulgent pastime. A lot of family recipes have been forgotten because they were not written down. Each cook used their own taste buds to measure ingredients. To the unskilled cook, this is very difficult to replicate. I use cooking as a channel for creativity. Although I like traditional recipes, I always think of new twists to apply to them. Living in Philippines has exposed me to a lot of different cultures which has influenced the way I live, cook and eat. Food is probably the aspect of culture that is most easily embraced. I find it so interesting to learn about the cuisines of other countries.

Photography is a new skill I'm still trying to learn. I like to present the food as I would serve them and hope that the readers can imagine how they taste.

TravelistaKusinera is a collection of recipes that I have learned, adapted or created. Sharing my recipes is my way of sharing my food. I hope you like them! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment